If you’re a youth or young adult in Florida’s child welfare system, we know that you’ve likely been through a lot. Because of this, we want to make sure that you’re in a place – physically, emotionally, and spiritually – where you can recover, grow, and feel the love that you deserve. If for any reason you aren’t in that place, we want to help. We want to hear from you!
Call: 844-KIDS-FLA (844-543-7352)
The Children’s Ombudsman will protect the confidentiality of the complainant’s identity to the extent allowed under the law. Additionally, the Children’s Ombudsman shall inform a complainant that the complainant’s identity may be disclosed by the Ombudsman if deemed necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the office or to ensure safety of any party involved.
What the Children’s Ombudsman Can Do
- Listen and be a voice for children and youth
- Take complaints about placement, care, or services without fear of retribution
- Serve as a resource to identify and explain relevant policy or procedures
What the Children’s Ombudsman Cannot Do
- Respond to emergencies or investigate allegations of abuse or neglect
- Investigate, challenge, or overturn court-ordered decisions or provide legal advice
- Investigate complaints about a Guardian ad Litem
To report abuse, neglect or abandonment of a child or vulnerable adult, call the Florida Abuse Hotline at 1-800-96-ABUSE.