Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) Card
Once approved for SNAP and/or TANF benefits, your re-loadable EBT card will be mailed to your mailing address on file and will look like this:
The card will be mailed in a plain, white envelope with a return address of Sioux Falls, SD. This card will be automatically reloaded with your benefit amount every month.
Your EBT card will no longer have an expiration date. If there is an expiration date on your card, the card will expire on the last day of the month/year that is shown. If there is no expiration date on the front of your EBT card, your EBT Card will only need replacement if lost, stolen, or damaged.
EBT Card Issuance
- First time benefit recipients will be mailed an EBT card with instructions on use.
- If you received benefits in the past 25 months and still have your EBT card, you can still use that card.
- If you are reapplying for benefits and no longer have your EBT card or your card has expired, please contact EBT customer service at 1-888-356-3281 for a replacement. You may call EBT Customer Service at any time. Another EBT card is not automatically mailed to you when your case is approved.
- Your EBT Card will arrive in 5 – 7 business days
- If your card has been cancelled or has expired it cannot be used and will need to be replaced.