Suicide-related thoughts and behaviors are a major public health priority that impacts individuals, family-members, friends, and communities. As the twelfth leading cause of death for all Floridians, prevention and intervention efforts are focused on decreasing risks associated with suicide and increasing coping mechanisms for individuals and their community.
If you or someone you know is thinking about suicide, please call 988 right away. More crisis support information is also available.
The Office of Substance Abuse and Mental Health (SAMH)
National campaigns for Suicide Prevention
- #BeThere is the campaign for Action Alliance
- #HereForYou is the campaign for Active Minds
- #MentalHealth4All is the campaign for American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- #SeizeTheAwkward is the campaign for The Jed Foundation
- #Tools2Thrive is the campaign for Mental Health America
- #NotAlone is the campaign for NAMI
Lethal Means Safety: Keeping our Families Safe
Keeping our families safe is a top priority.
Welcome to the Florida Suicide Prevention Event Map
The goal of this map is for everyone to be informed of Suicide Prevention events scheduled in Florida. If you are interested in having an event posted, please submit an event here Florida Suicide Prevention Event Submission.