Baker Act Additional Resources
- Mental Health Advance Directive
- Baker Act Involuntary Examination Criteria, Processes and Timeframes
- Baker Act Voluntary Admissions
- Discharge Planning
- History of the Baker Act: It's Development & Intent
- Patient Rights - s.394.459, F.S., Ch. 65E-5.140, F.A.C.
Baker Act Reporting Center
The Baker Act Reporting Center receives, processes and analyzes statewide Baker Act data. We have received data on these short term, involuntary examination since 1997 and on involuntary inpatient placement orders and involuntary outpatient placement orders since 2005. We use these data to produce the statutorily required annual report of Baker Act data for the department, multiple ad hoc reports for various stakeholders, and to conduct research and other policy analysis.
Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE)
Statewide training for mental health firearm disqualifiers as it relates to the amendment of F.S. 790.065 (Firearm Purchase Program) by HB1355.