Hope Florida - A Pathway to Prosperity: Uniting communities through ‘Hope Navigators’ to guide Floridians on an individualized path to prosperity, economic self-sufficiency and hope.
Spearheaded by First Lady Casey DeSantis and implemented by the Florida Department of Children and Families, Hope Florida utilizes ‘Hope Navigators’ to guide Floridians on an individualized path to prosperity, economic self-sufficiency and hope by focusing on community collaboration between the private sector, faith-based community, nonprofits and government entities to break down traditional community silos, in an effort to maximize resources and uncover opportunities.
These ‘Hope Navigators’ are essential in helping individuals identify their unique and immediate barriers to prosperity, develop long term-goals, map out a strategic plan, and work to ensure all sectors of the community have a ‘seat at the table’ and are part of the solution.
Who benefits from A Pathway to Prosperity?
- Public benefit customers statewide
- Children aging out of foster care
- Pregnant mothers contending with substance use disorders
- Parents and families who need assistance
Services offered by Hope Navigators:
- Identifying goals and barriers
- Referrals to local, community-based partners
- One-on-one support to develop a plan to achieve economic-self sufficiency