What Are My Rights?
A facility resident has the right to:
- be free from mental and physical abuse;
- be informed of their medical condition;
- select their own physician;
- participate in planning their care;
- refuse treatment;
- voice grievances;
- be treated with respect and dignity; and
- have treatments provided in privacy.
For adults participating in the Protective Services Program, consideration is given to the following inherent rights:
- participate in care planning
- receive assistance
- refuse services
- refuse medical treatment
All programs stress the vulnerable adult’s capacity to consent and the right to make decisions regarding care.