Tip Sheets and Articles
- Assessment-Based Treatment
- Community Retraumatization - this is a powerful article that allows trauma survivors to speak out about how they are re-traumatized within community mental health and substance abuse service systems.
- Trauma Informed Care Toolkit- This toolkit was written in Canada it is another great resource for service organizations and providers to deliver services that are trauma informed. This does an excellent job of really focusing on the need for buy in at all levels of care.
- ACE Study- This article discusses the relationship between multiple forms of childhood maltreatment and adult mental health in community respondents.
- Healing the Hurt-This paper is to promote understanding of the role of trauma and adversity in the lives of Latino and African American boys and young men and to examine trauma-informed approaches to improving their health.