- Breaking the Silence: Suicide Prevention in Law Enforcement
- Community Integration Specialist Training - Available through the National Center on Homelessness among Veterans and the University of South Florida Partner.
- Crisis Text Line information
- First Responders
- Florida Suicide Prevention Coalition
- Graduate Students Gaining Competency in Suicide Prevention
- Health Care Professionals | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness
- How to Talk with Your Teen about “13 Reasons Why”
- Live Life: An Implementation Guide for Suicide Prevention in Countries
- Man therapy
- A Manager’s Guide to Suicide Postvention in the Workplace - This manual includes 10 action steps for dealing with the aftermath of a suicide. To download A Manager’s Guide to Suicide Postvention in the Workplace.
- Military Suicide Research Consortium
- National Recommendations for Depicting Suicide
- National Strategy for Suicide Prevention
- StopBullying.gov or What Is Bullying
- SAVE (Suicide Awareness Voices of Education) - Building capacity to create stronger, healthier communities.
- Suicide and Serious Mental Illness
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- Learn how you can suicide-proof your home.
- Suicide Risk Management Consultation Program – free consultation, support, and resources for providers working with Veterans at risk of Suicide
- Teenager Depression Toolbox
- Zero Suicide and Trauma-Informed Care webinar
- Zero Suicide Institute
Resources for Physicians
- Suicide Safe: The Suicide Prevention App for Behavioral Health and Primary Care Providers - Free from SAMHSA.
- Resources for Physicians
- Ask Suicide-Screening Questions (ASQ) Toolkit
- SPRC's video, "The Patient Safety Screener (PSS-3): A Brief Tool to Detect Suicide Risk in Acute Care Settings," this seven-minute recording describes the PSS-3, a tool for identifying patients at risk of suicide in the acute care setting, developed by the University of Massachusetts Medical School. Accompanying materials will help you administer the PSS-3, plan for patients who screen positive, and implement screening sustainably and effectively.
- Courses for Healthcare Providers who Treat Veterans and Their Families
Resources for Schools
- Florida School Toolkit for K-12 Educators to Prevent Suicide (nova.edu)
- Department of Educations’ Student Support Services Project suicide awareness and prevention resources
- Florida Department of Education approved Suicide Prevention Trainings
- After a School Tragedy
- List of School District Mental Health Plans
- Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act
- How to Become a Suicide Prevention Certified School
The Suicide Prevention Resource Center offers five free online trainings:
- Preventing Suicide in Emergency Department Patients
- Counseling on Access to Lethal Means (CALM)
- A Strategic Planning Approach to Suicide Prevention
- Locating and Understanding Data for Suicide Prevention
Resources for Faith-based