If you or someone you know is thinking about suicide, please call 800-273-8255 right away. More crisis support information is also available.
Suicide-related thoughts and behaviors is a major public health priority that impacts individuals, family-members, friends, and communities. As the eighth leading cause of death for all Floridians, prevention and intervention efforts are focused on decreasing risks associated with suicide and increasing coping mechanisms for individuals and their community.
Resources for Mental Health Awareness Month May 2021
- #BeThere is the campaign for Action Alliance
- #HereForYou is the campaign for Active Minds
- #MentalHealth4All is the campaign for American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- #SeizeTheAwkward is the campaign for The Jed Foundation
- #Tools2Thrive is the campaign for Mental Health America
- #NotAlone is the campaign for NAMI
Welcome to the Florida Suicide Prevention Events CalendarThe goal of this calendar is for everyone to be informed of Suicide Prevention events scheduled in Florida. To email an event, complete the Suicide Prevention Events Information sheet and email it to the Suicide Prevention Specialist at HQW.Suicide.Prevention@myflfamilies.com. Please allow one week for your event to be posted.
For more information contact
The Office of Substance Abuse and Mental Health (SAMH)