If you or someone you know is thinking about suicide, please call 800-273-8255 right away. More crisis support information is also available.
Suicide-related thoughts and behaviors is a major public health priority that impacts individuals, family-members, friends, and communities. As the eighth leading cause of death for all Floridians, prevention and intervention efforts are focused on decreasing risks associated with suicide and increasing coping mechanisms for individuals and their community.
Resources for National Suicide Prevention Month 2020
- #BeThe1To is the campaign for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- #BeThere is the campaign for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Take 5 to Save Lives is the campaign for the National Council for Suicide Prevention
- #SuicidePrevention or #StigmaFree is the campaign for the National Alliance on Mental Illness
- #AAS365 is the campaign for the American Association of Suicidology
- #HereForYou is the collaborative campaign for Instagram and Active Minds
- Suicide Prevention Month Ideas for Action from the Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- World Suicide Prevention Day (September 10th) resources provided by the International Association for Suicide Prevention
Welcome to the Florida Suicide Prevention Events CalendarThe goal of this calendar is for everyone to be informed of Suicide Prevention events scheduled in Florida. To email an event, complete the Suicide Prevention Events Information sheet and email it to the Suicide Prevention Specialist at HQW.Suicide.Prevention@myflfamilies.com. Please allow one week for your event to be posted.
For more information contact
The Office of Substance Abuse and Mental Health (SAMH)