- Get Help
- Substance Abuse
- Adult Mental Health
- Adult Forensic Mental Health System
Health Treatment Facilities
- Florida State Hospital
- Northeast Florida State Hospital (NEFSH)
- North Florida Evaluation and Treatment Center (NFETC)
- Employment Information
- Children's Mental Health
- Juvenile Incompetent to Proceed (JITP)
- Pre-Admission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR)
- Florida’s State Opioid Response Project
- Youth Tobacco Prevention
- About Suicide
- Black, Indigenous and People of Color/Asian American and Pacific Islander
- Covid-19 and Suicide Prevention
- Crisis Support Information
- First Responder's Suicide Deterrence Task Force
- Florida Special Populations
- Florida Suicide Prevention Interagency Action Plan
- Lethal Means Safety: Keeping our Families Safe
- Loss Survivors
- Safe Reporting
- Social Media Shareables
- Service Members, Veterans and Families
- Substance Use and Suicide Prevention
- Suicide Attempt Survivors
- Suicide Prevention Coordinating Council
- Teens/Young Adults
- Florida Partnership for Success (PFS)
- Prevention Partnership Grants (PPG)
- Prevention Partners
- Florida Youth Substance Abuse Survey (FYSAS)
- The Annual Synar Report
- Event Calendar
- Crisis Services
- Recovery Oriented System of Care
- Commission on Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- Statewide Quarterly Behavioral Health Meetings
- For SAMH
- Managing Entities
- Incident Reporting and Analysis System (IRAS)
- Recovery Residences
- FARS Training
- CFARS Training
- Disaster Behavioral Health
- Know About Trauma
- Training and Technical Assistance
- Program Information
- SAMH Dashboard
State Mental Health Treatment Facilities
North Florida Evaluation and Treatment Center (NFETC)
About The Center
To provide necessary services to men committed by the criminal courts in a safe and secure manner with the goal of a timely discharge to the court or a less restrictive setting.
We will work together to improve ourselves, our services and our environment as an effective and efficient organization.
Keeping our community safe is the first consideration in all that we do.
Our work is driven and guided by our compassion for those in our care.
We strive to stay healthy, alert, knowledgeable, and current in fulfilling our responsibilities.
Our continued success depends on how effectively our facility functions as one team. This requires that each of us take responsibility for the whole and encourage and support one another.
Opened in 1976, this facility is operated as an evaluation and treatment center for people with mental illnesses who are involved in the criminal justice system.
Today NFETC has 193 beds open for the evaluation and treatment of residents who have major mental disorders. These residents are either incompetent to proceed to trial or have been judged to be not guilty by reason of insanity. Our mission is to evaluate, treat and discharge in a manner which ensures proper safety, security and respect of rights. We are a maximum security treatment facility, not a jail or prison.
The Center is a part of the mental health system in Florida which includes services ranging from out-patient community mental health treatment, hospitalization at a state hospital, and evaluation and treatment at NFETC.