The Fostering Success program provides young adults aged 18-24 who have former experience in the foster care system, an opportunity to gain professional life skills and employment readiness training in a year-long, part-time, paid OPS position within a state agency. The program offers professional and personal development trainings, outside workshops, career specific certifications, shadow and networking opportunities, teambuilding events, and ultimately, the work experience to enable them to build the fundamental abilities to achieve economic self-sufficiency and professional success. Fostering Success participants gain skills that will help them succeed in any professional work environment. Fostering Success currently operates at the following agencies:
- Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (DACS)
- Department of Children and Families (DCF)
- Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO)
- Department of Health (DOH)
- Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ)
- Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation (FWC)
Apply now to reserve your spot for the upcoming 2019-2020 program starting on June 3, 2019.
For any questions or additional information contact Abigail Phelps at firstname.lastname@example.org or (850)329-9867.