Guardianship Assistance Program (GAP)
Monthly Financial Support
Under the Guardianship Assistance Program, caregivers are eligible to receive a minimum of $333 monthly payment per child once all eligibility criteria have been met.
- To be eligible for Florida’s Guardianship Assistance Program, the eligibility criteria listed below must be met:
- The child must be placed with a relative or fictive kin.
- The child’s placement with the relative or fictive kin must have been approved by the court.
- The relative or fictive kin has been licensed as a foster parent specific for the child they are seeking benefits for.
- The relative or fictive kin has been eligible to receive a foster care room and board payment for the child for at least 6 consecutive months.
- Guardianship Assistance Program language must be entered in the permanent guardianship case plan.
- The court case MUST close in permanent guardianship.