Laws and Requirements
The following provides detailed information on the laws and requirements that governs the operation of child care facilities and homes within the State of Florida. Referenced are the Florida Statutes Sections 402.26 - 402.319 and the Florida Administrative Codes, Chapters 65C-20, 65C-22 and 65C-25.
- Child Care Statutes, Sections 402.26 and 402.319, F.S.
- Level 2 Screening Standards (Section 435.04, F.S.)
- Licensing (Section 120.60, F.S.)
Florida Administrative Code
- Family Day Care/Large Family Child Care Homes (Chapter 65C-20, F.A.C.)
- Child Care Facility/Center (Chapter 65C-22, F.A.C.)
- Mildly-Ill Child Care (Chapter 65C-25, F.A.C.)
- Communicable Disease (Chapter 64D-3, F.A.C.)
- Child Care Facility - Reconciliation of 2012 and 2017 Child Care Facility Standards Classification Summaries
- Licensed Family Day Care Home - Reconciliation of 2009 and 2017 Family Day Care Home Standards Classification Summaries
- Large Family Child Care Home - Reconciliation of 2009 and 2017 Large Family Child Care Home Standards Classification Summaries