Gold Seal Designation Process for Child Care Providers
To be recognized as a Gold Seal Quality Care Program provider, please follow the steps below:
- Review the list of approved Accrediting Agencies located above and contact the agency that best meets the needs of your program.
- Review the agency's accreditation requirements and follow their procedures for accreditation. Many child care providers are surprised to learn that they already meet some or many of the accrediting standards.
- Once a provider has achieved accreditation from an approved accrediting agency, the provider must forward the following information to the DCF Office of Child Care Regulation:
- Upon receipt and verification of the information above, the Department will award a Gold Seal Certificate to the child care provider recognizing their achievement. The certificate will be mailed directly to the child care provider.
- Proof of the Gold Seal Quality Care designation may be required for participation in Voluntary Prekindergarten Program and tied to increased payments for child care providers participating in the School Readiness program. It is also required as proof for tax incentives outlined in s. 212.08, F.S.
To learn more about Gold Seal, please contact us at 1-888-352-4453.