COVID-19 Guidance for Child Care Facilities and Providers
- Children who have a COVID -19 exposure or close contact, but have no symptoms, are not required to quarantine and can remain in the classroom.
- If a child is COVID-19 symptomatic or COVID-19 positive, they should stay home while symptoms persist. The child will be able to return to the classroom after 5 days have passed since the onset of symptoms and are fever free for 24 hours.
- After an exposure, close contact, or positive COVID-19 diagnosis, a negative COVID-19 test is not required for a child to be able to return to school.
- Masking Guidance - Children in a child care facility are not required to wear a mask or face covering.
- Child care facilities are encouraged to continue to routinely clean classrooms and high traffic areas.
- Children and staff are encouraged to practice routine handwashing throughout the day.