Adult Protective Services
REPORT ADULT ABUSE - IT’S A CRIME!
Call: 1-800-962-2873 | Online at: ReportAbuse.dcf.state.fl.us
MISSION: We are dedicated to protecting vulnerable adults from further abuse, neglect, exploitation, or self-neglect and enabling adults with disabilities to remain in the community.
Florida law requires the reporting of known or suspected abuse, neglect, exploitation, or self-neglect of vulnerable adults (elderly or disabled). the Florida Abuse Hotline receives reports 24 hours a day. call 1-800-962-2873 or 1-800-96-ABUSE. report online at https://reportabuse.dcf.state.fl.us. If you suspect or know of a vulnerable adult in immediate danger, call 911.
For more information about Services, please contact the APS Program in your area.
If you would like information for APS services in your area, please see contact information for your county office.
I Need Information About...
- Background Screening
- Food Assistance
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse
- Temporary Cash Assistance
- LICENSING: Assisted Living Facilities, Adult Family Care Home, Adult Day Care Centers Agency for Health Care Administration, Assisted Living Unit, Call 850-412-4304.
- Connecting Florida with Health Care Information http://www.floridahealthfinder.gov
Visit Department of Elder Affairs (DOEA)
SENIOR SERVICES (Age 60 & Older).
Or call the Elder Help Line 1-800-96-ELDER (1-800-963-5337).
DOEA can assist with questions about programs and how to apply for services:
- Senior Services in My Area
- Long-Term Care
- Prescription Drugs
- Health Insurance, Medicare & Medicaid
- Emergency Home Energy Assistance
- Public Guardianship
- And more...