Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT)
Important Things To Know About EBT Services
- Cash and SUNCAP benefits are deposited during the first three days of each month.
- Your SNAP benefits are deposited into your food assistance account throughout the month.
- If you have a bank account, you may have cash benefits direct deposited into your bank account. (Call your local DCF office or ACCESS customer service for more information 850-300-4323.)
- You cannot be charged a fee to use your food benefits.
- You cannot be required to make a minimum purchase to use your food benefits.
- You may request a 60-day transaction statement from EBT Customer Service.
- What can you buy with SNAP benefits?
- Your new EBT card now contains a security feature that sets a time limit on your card. Mailed cards will be good through the month and year printed on the front of the card. This “Good Thru” date lets you know when the card can no longer be used. Please keep your card for any current and future benefits you may receive.
- You may use your EBT card in other states. (Remember to call ACCESS customer service, 850-300-4323, if you are planning to move.)
- Each of your benefits will remain in your account(s) for 365 days (12 months/one year). Any benefit not used during the 365 day period will be removed from your account. Once a benefit has been removed from your account due to age, it cannot be replaced.
- If your EBT card is stolen and benefits are used these benefits cannot be replaced.
- EBT cards cannot be used at ATM or Point of Sale (POS) machines in bars, liquor stores, adult entertainment establishments, pari-mutual gambling facilities, slot machine facilities, casinos or commercial bingo and gambling facilities.