Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT)
About Your Pin
- Card Issuance
- Your Balance
- About Your PIN
- How To Use
- Care of Your Card
- EBT Account Website
- EBT Customer Service
- Important Information
- Adjustments to Your EBT Account
- Trafficking in Benefits is ILLEGAL!
- Retailer Questions
- Card Expiration
- Helpful Numbers
- Report Restricted Locations
Accepting EBT Cards
A PIN (personal identification number) is a secret numeric password shared between a user and the EBT system.
- You must call EBT Customer Service at 1-888-356-3281 to select your PIN (secret code) before you can use your card.
- NEVER write your PIN on your card, or on anything you keep with your card.
- Keep your PIN secret. Never give your PIN to your caseworker, family members, store cashiers or anyone else.
- If someone takes your card and knows your PIN, they can use ALL your benefits. These benefits cannot be replaced.
- You have 3 attempts to enter your PIN correctly. After the third try, you will not be able to use your card until the next day.
- If you cannot remember your PIN, or if someone knows your PIN, call EBT Customer Service immediately and select a new PIN.