Apply for D-SNAP
All onsite events have ended.
D-SNAP Onsite Locations
The Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (D-SNAP) provides food assistance for individuals and families impacted by Hurricane Idalia and who are not receiving food assistance benefits through the regular Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). In partnership with the U.S. Department of Agriculture, D-SNAP is implemented by the Florida Department of Children and Families (Department).
The Department is hosting in-person D-SNAP events for residents who cannot participate by phone. In-person D-SNAP events will be available in Citrus, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Jefferson, Lafayette, Levy, Madison, Suwannee, and Taylor Counties (check back for updates).
Who is eligible for D-SNAP?
To qualify for D-SNAP benefits:
- Applicants must NOT be receiving regular SNAP benefits
- Applicants must have been living or working in a disaster-declared county at the time of Hurricane Idalia
- Applicants must have suffered a disaster-related loss such as:
- Damage to their home(s) or self-employment property
- Loss of food
- Reduction or loss of income
- Other disaster-related expenses
- Applicants must meet financial eligibility requirements
- Applicants must report the household’s net income received from August 28th through September 26th
- Applicants must report all household assets that were available on August 28th, including cash on hand and money in checking and savings accounts
What Benefits are Available through D-SNAP?
- Eligible recipients who participate in the telephonic D-SNAP event will receive an electronic benefit transfer (EBT) card by mail that can be used to purchase food at authorized USDA food retailers.
- The EBT card cannot be used for alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, or non-food items.