Licensure and Regulation
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Program Office is responsible for oversight of the licensure and regulation of all substance abuse providers in the state. Licensure functions are implemented by staff of SAMH Program Offices at the local levels throughout the state. The provision of substance abuse services is governed by Chapters 394 and 397 of the Florida Statutes, which provide direction for a continuum of community-based services including prevention, treatment, and detoxification services.
Licensure Services are required to administer and maintain a comprehensive regulatory process to license service providers and professionals who provide substance abuse services to individuals and families who are at risk of or challenged by substance abuse. This licensure process is governed and regulated by Chapter 397, F.S., and Chapter 65D-30, Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C.). Minimum standards for licensure are specified for the following program components: addictions receiving facilities, detoxification, intensive inpatient treatment, residential treatment, day or night treatment with host homes, day or night treatment with community housing, day or night treatment, intensive outpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, continuing care, intervention, prevention, and medication-assisted treatment for opiate addiction. Specific criteria must be met in order for an agency to receive a license for any of these program components.
- Rule 65D-30, F.A.C.
- Provider Licensure and Designations System (PLADS)
Licensure Application Checklists:
- New Application
- Renewal Non Accredited
- Renewal Accredited
- Relocation with Change in Service
- Relocation No Change in Service
- Application for Licensure
- HIV/AIDS Education Confirmation
- Treatment Resource Affidavit
- Application for Refund from State of Florida
Recognized Accrediting Agencies:
- Green Apple Accreditation of Children's Services
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
- Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
- Council on Accreditation