Eligibility Determination Training for Refugee Services Providers
Training assists providers with identifying individuals and families who are eligible for programs being funded by the Office of Refugee Resettlement, and contracted with Refugee Services participants will receive instruction on:
- Review of common Dept of Homeland Security (DHS) documents
- Status codes and categories for eligible clients
- Examples and scenarios for eligibility determination
- Use of Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlement (SAVE);
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests
Eligible individuals and families include: refugees, asylees, Cuban/Haitian entrants, Amerasians, Iraqi and Afghan special immigrants, victims of human trafficking, and permanent residents who previously held one of these named statuses.
Refugee Services FAQs and Glossary
- Refugee FAQs
- Asylee FAQs
- Cuban/Haitian Entrant FAQs
- Parolee FAQs
- Cuban Adjustment Act FAQs
- Miscellaneous FAQs, Part I
- Miscellaneous FAQs, Part II
- Employment Authorization FAQs
Basic Level 1 - Online Courses
Overview and Requirements - Explains the required specs and applications needed to experience the training modules.
Level II Instructor-Led Training Courses
Eligibility Training is a four-hour course intended to provide experienced professionals or those with basic knowledge determining eligibility. The on-line courses are a pre-requisite for this course.
Training Session - Date - Location
- Eligibility Training - 4/22/2014 - Tallahassee
- Eligibility Training - 5/1/2014 - Jacksonville
- Eligibility Training - 5/2/2014 - Orlando
- Eligibility Training - 5/9/2014 - Broward
Request Training - If you want to ask for a training to be scheduled, please contact Hillary Copp at (850) 717-4191, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training topics include:
- Eligible statuses
- Eligibility criteria
- Immigration documents
- Codes and status indicators
*Remember if you are registering for the Level II training, you must have successfully completed Basic Level I training.
The most current version of the eligibilty training manual: Complete Master Guide (Revised 2012)