Visiting A Resident
We encourage visits by relatives or friends at the Center because we believe a support system is important to the morale and recovery of our Residents. There are rules we ask be followed in order to have a safe, secure and rewarding visit. If there is something you do not understand please ask staff for help or clarification. Our lobby has a suggestion box if you want to give us ideas for improvements.
Times To Visit:
Our visits take place in our Visitor's Lounge. We are available for visits any day of the week. On weekends and holidays no appointment is necessary. Because of meal times for the residents we have set visiting hours from 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM and from 1:00 PM to 4:45 PM. On weekdays, please make an appointment with the resident's Counselor at least 48 hours in advance. Visits are normally limited to two hours.
Things To Remember:
- Tobacco products and smoking are NOT permitted in any of the Center's buildings.
- When arriving, visitors may be asked to take a number in the lobby; this will determine their turn to visit.
- Visitors may wait in our lobby. Processing visitors often takes time, but we work hard to prevent unnecessary delays.
- Please bring picture identification with you such as a driver's license or passport and plan to leave it with the Security Officer while you visit.
- In order to ensure everyone's safety, please be prepared to be searched and to have any parcels searched before the visit.
- We may impose a limit of 4 people for each Resident.
- Please ensure the responsible behavior of children brought to the Center.
- The Security Officer supervising visitation can provide helpful hints to ensure a successful visit.
- Please do not come to visit while under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol.
- Visitors are not allowed to bring food or drink into the visitation area.
- If visitors leave money for a Resident please give it to Security, not the resident.
- Please do not offer gifts to Residents or Staff.
- Each Resident has the right to refuse a visit.
- Give us suggestions on how we can improve.
What To Wear For Visiting:
Certain standards of dress are necessary. If visitors arrive with clothing that is too short, tight or revealing we will ask that more appropriate clothes be worn. Shirts with obscene or suggestive slogans or illustrations will be banned from visitation.
We ask that men wear shirts at all times and that women wear bras or other suitable garments. If it is more comfortable traveling in clothing that might be problematic during a visit, please bring a change of clothes for the visit. Visitors may use the rest room in the lobby to change.