Who Can Become A Foster Parent?
In Florida, you may be eligible for foster parenting if you:
- Are committed to loving and nurturing a child in your home
- Are willing to work in partnership with everyone involved in the child's life to meet the child's needs
- Are dedicated to helping a child be reunified with the biological family
- Are at least 21 years old
- Attend required training sessions
- Consent to criminal and child abuse registry checks
- Are financially able to provide for your present needs and family emergencies
- Pass a health inspection of your home
- Have enough physical space in your home to accommodate children
- Are willing to meet with a licensing counselor for an in-depth home study to determine if your family meets these requirements
For more information about becoming a foster parent, find a contacts in your area.