Rewards of Being a Foster Parent
- A sense of accomplishment
- The chance to help children feel good about themselves
- Pride in doing a meaningful and important job
- Challenging experiences
- The opportunity to meet and work with new people
- A chance to use special talents and knowledge
- The opportunity to make a lifetime of difference in a short time
Many foster parents and families serve many children over several years because they find the experience meaningful and rewarding.
These children will grow up to be Florida's next generation of employees, leaders and parents, and as a foster parent you can help them succeed. If you want to be a part of helping them become productive, thriving members of our communities – and enhance your and your family’s life in the process – please contact your local community-based care agency.