Gold Seal Accreditation Process for Child Care Providers
To be recognized as a Gold Seal Quality Care Program provider, please follow the steps below:
- Review the list of approved Accrediting Agencies located above and contact the agency that best meets the needs of your program.
- Review the agency's accreditation requirements and follow their procedures for accreditation. Many child care providers are surprised to learn that they already meet some or many of the accrediting standards.
- Once a provider has achieved accreditation from an approved accrediting agency, the provider must forward the following information to the DCF Office of Child Care Regulation:
- A copy of the accreditation certificate or letter from the association verifying that the provider is accredited and showing the effective and expiration dates of the accreditation.
- The child care provider's complete mailing address.
- Upon receipt and verification of the information above, the Department will award a Gold Seal Certificate to the child care provider recognizing their achievement. The certificate will be mailed directly to the child care provider.
- Proof of the Gold Seal Quality Care accreditation may be required for participation in Voluntary Prekindergarten Program and tied to increased payments for child care providers participating in the early learning program. It is also required as proof for tax incentives outlined in s. 212.08, F.S.
To learn more about Gold Seal, please contact us at 1-888-352-4453.