Accrediting Agency Application for the Gold Seal Program
If you are interested in becoming a Gold Seal Quality Care accrediting agency, please follow the steps below:
- Download and complete the Gold Seal Quality Care Accrediting Association Application (For Use by Accreditation Agencies Only). Applications will only be accepted during the months of January and July.
- Mail 5 copies of the completed application and all supporting documentation to the following address:Department of Children and Families
Office of Child Care Regulation and Background Screening
C/O Gold Seal Program
1317 Winewood Blvd
Building 6 - Room 389
- Upon receipt of the completed application and supporting documentation, the Office of Child Care Regulation and Background Screening along with a committee of early childhood professionals will review the documentation to determine if it meets or exceeds the standards of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), the National Association of Family Child Care, and the National Early Childhood Program Accreditation Commission.
- Based on the review, the applicant will receive a letter from the Office of Child Care Regulation and Background Screening either awarding approval, making recommendations of changes that need to be made before approval can be granted, or denying approval of the application. Assuming the applicant meets the standards or has only a few changes, this process takes a minimum of 8 weeks upon receipt of the completed application and documentation.
- If approved, the accrediting agency will be listed on our web site as an approved Gold Seal accrediting agency for a period of 5 years. It is the responsibility of the accrediting agencies to update the Office of Child Care Regulation and Background Screening on a quarterly basis as to their accredited child care providers. This includes, but it not limited to: new providers, renewed providers, terminated providers, and providers on provisional accreditation.
- Each approved Gold Seal Quality Care accrediting agency is required to complete the renewal application and submit any updated documentation for review 6 months prior to their accreditation expiration date.