Report Abuse, Neglect or Exploitation
Everybody in the State of Florida is a mandatory reporter.
For more information, visit the Florida Abuse Hotline.
BE PREPARED TO PROVIDE:
- Victim name, address or location, approximate age, race and sex;
- Physical, mental or behavioral indications that the person is infirm or disabled;
- Signs or indications of harm or injury, including a physical description if possible;
- Relationship of the alleged possible responsible person to the victim. If the relationship is unknown, a report will still be taken if other reporting criteria are met.
WAYS TO MAKE A REPORT:
- REPORT ONLINE
- TELEPHONE: 1-800-962-2873
- TDD (Telephone Device for the deaf): 1-800-453-5145
More information about faxing your report.
NOTIFICATION OF REPORT:
- Telephone reporters will always be told prior to concluding your conversation, whether the information provided has been accepted as a report.
- For faxed information, notification will be provided only when additional information is needed to accept a report, or when the report does not fall within the jurisdiction of the Department of Children & Families. Your fax number must be clearly indicated on your report. Although you may request confirmation, you can assume that your report was accepted if you provided your fax number and receive no response from the Hotline.