Prescription Assistance Programs
Following are five prescription drug programs offered by pharmaceutical companies for individuals who have no other drug coverage. Individuals must apply directly to these companies. The state and none of its departments are involved in the administration of these programs, nor do we endorse solely these programs. This information is offered as a courtesy to our clients as possible optional sources of assistance to help them.
Pfizer for Living Share Card
- Must be on Medicare.
- Must meet their income guidelines of less than $18,000 annually for an individual or $24,000 for a couple.
- Cannot have any other prescription drug coverage.
- Cannot be eligible for Medicaid or any other drug benefit plan funded by the state.
- Co pay is $15.00 for a 30-day supply.
- Offers access to health information for seniors.
- Only covers Pfizer medications and is accepted at participating pharmacies.
Call 1-800-717-6005 for free enrollment kit.
Internet address: www.pfizerforliving.com
- A doctor must request coverage for the patient.
- Does not involve a card. Medications are provided directly to the physician for dispensing to the patient.
- Eligibility is determined on a case-by-case basis in consultation with each prescribing physician.
- Eligibility is based on the patient's inability to pay and lack of third-party drug payment assistance, including insurance, Medicaid and government, community, or private programs.
- Covers most Lilly products except controlled substances.
Call 1-800-545-6962 for more information about the program.
Internet address: www.lillycares.com/index.jsp
Merck Patient Assistance Program
- Application is completed by the physician and the patient.
- There are only a few covered drugs, but if a person qualifies, there is no cost.
- Patients must be residents of the United States, but do not have to be citizens.
- Patients must have exhausted all third party pharmaceutical benefits, including from private insurance, HMOs, veterans assistance, etc.
- They do not have to be on Medicare.
- Single individuals must have less than $18,000 annual income.
- Couples must have less than $24,000 annual income.
- A family of four must have less than $35,000 annual income.
Call 1-800-727-5400 for more information about this program.
Internet address: www.merck.com