Community ACCESS Network
In an effort to provide improved access to services for our customers, we have developed and are looking for community participants to work with our mutual customers in a "multiple access" approach to self-sufficiency. By maximizing shared resources, we can increase customer access to services needed to strengthen families in the local community by providing different levels of ACCESS involvement.
The Department of Children and Families remains the designated state agency to determine eligibility for program services/benefits.
How a Community ACCESS Network Works
|Department's Role||ACCESS Site's Role|
ACCESS Partnership Levels
The vision of the Department of Children and Families ACCESS Florida program is to strengthen Florida's families through private, community, and inter-agency partnerships that promote economic self-sufficiency. Below are levels of services that participants may provide:
- Provides information and program related materials including a paper application as requested by customers.
Self-Service Site- Information Site plus:
- Provides various equipment to customers so they may apply for assistance, check the status of an application or redetermination for benefits, report a change, or open an account on-line.
- Verifies the identity of an applicant.
- Provides general assistance in explaining the application process.
Assisted-Service Site- Self Service Site plus:
- Provides equipment necessary for customers to apply for benefits, check the status of an application or report a change.
- Provides assistance to the customer to submit a web application.
- Provides case status information and outstanding information needed to determine eligibility.
|Examples of Community ACCESS Network Participants|
The Department is committed to investing in services that work, making a positive, measurable difference in people's lives, and helping communities become safe, stable, supportive places for children and families.
To learn more about becoming part of our Community ACCESS Network, locate your area's DCF liaison in the Community ACCESS Liaisons listing.