September 4, 2012
DCF Press Secretary
More than 2,300 Child Welfare Advocates Attend 2012 Child Protection Summit
WHO: Department of Children and Families Secretary David Wilkins, Attorney General Pam Bondi, guest speakers, community-based care partners, foster and adoptive parents, law enforcement and others.
WHAT: Florida’s annual statewide child protection summit is an important educational forum for professionals, families and others to improve their skills in the protection of children and strengthening families and communities. The 2012 theme is “Realizing Change.”
- September 5-7
- Sept. 5, 1 p.m.: Opening Plenary – Keynote by Secretary David Wilkins
- Sept. 5, 3:15 p.m.: Mega Session 1 – Attorney General Pam Bondi, “The Fight Against Prescription Drug Use”
- Sept. 6, 1:30 p.m.: Day 2 Plenary – Keynote by Ken Bevel, Senior Associate Pastor at Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, Ga., and actor in the movies Fireproof and Courageous
- Sept. 7, 8:30 a.m.: Day 3 Plenary – Kayla Harrison, 2012 Olympic Gold Medalist in Judo
- Sept. 7, 9 a.m.: Marcus Lemonis, Chairman and CEO of Camping World and Good Sam Enterprises, recently featured on the ABC reality show “Secret Millionaire”
- JW Marriott, Coquina Ballroom, 4040 Central Florida Parkway, Orlando
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Go to www.myflfamilies.com and click on Child Protection Summit banner at bottom.