News from Lakeview Center
- Tish Pennewill, (850) 469-3621 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen Smith, (850) 469-3508 or email@example.com
A tennis tournament set for Sept. 28 at Roger Scott Tennis Center supports a drive to provide cozy new pajamas for children who have experienced abuse or neglect.
This is the fourth year that the tennis center has held the women’s doubles tournament on behalf of “Tucking Kids In Safe and Sound,” a campaign that collects new, unworn pajamas for children receiving services from FamiliesFirst Network of Lakeview Center, the organization responsible for foster care and related services for abused and neglected children in Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa and Walton counties.
The pajama drive ends Oct. 11.
Registration for the tournament is $20 per player plus the donation of new, never-worn pajamas of any size, including adult sizes for larger children. The fee covers the cost of four matches, breakfast, lunch, drinks and snacks.
Register in advance. The tournament begins at 8 a.m. The Roger Scott Tennis Center is at 2130 Summit Blvd., Pensacola. Call (850) 912-4103 for details.
Drop Box Locations for 2013 “Tucking Kids In Safe and Sound”
Santa Rosa and Escambia counties:
- Lakeview Center Children’s Services Center, corner of Lakeview Avenue and “H” Street, Pensacola
- FFN Milton Service Center, 6557 Caroline St., Milton
- FFN Navarre Service Center, 8750 Ortega Park Drive, Navarre
- Roger Scott Tennis Center, 2130 Summit Blvd., Pensacola
- The Montessori School of Pensacola, 1010 N. 12th Ave., Pensacola
- Gulf Breeze United Methodist Church, 75 Fairpoint Drive and 4115 Soundside Drive, Gulf Breeze
- St. John Divine Baptist Church, 620 E. Jordan St., Pensacola
- Greater Little Rock Baptist Church, 901 N. “A” St., Pensacola
- Heirs of the Kingdom, 6300 N. Davis Highway, Pensacola
- Antioch Baptist Church, 625 N. “D” St., Pensacola
- Good Hope AME Church, 208 Gulf Beach Highway, Pensacola
- Baptist Hospital, ground floor administration, 1000 W. Moreno St., Pensacola
Okaloosa and Walton counties:
- FFN Fort Walton Beach Service Center, 340 Beal Parkway, N.W., Fort Walton Beach,
- FFN Crestview Service Center, 100 Premier Drive, Unit H, Crestview
- FFN Defuniak Springs Service Center, 79 N. Davis Lane, Defuniak Springs
- Woodlawn Baptist Church, 824 N. Ferdon Blvd., Crestview
- Emmanuel Baptist Church, 3252 E. James Lee Blvd., Crestview
- Northwest Florida Daily News, 2 Eglin Parkway, N.E., Fort Walton Beach
Note: This list is preliminary. Other businesses, including various Wal-Mart super stores, are expected to participate. Contact Terri Marshall, FFN foster parent recruiter, at (850) 429-7777 or (850) 418-3203 for additional locations and other details.