GENERAL SUBJECT MATTER TO BE CONSIDERED: Task Force on Involuntary Examination of Minors. The purpose of this meeting of the Task Force on Involuntary Examination of Minors is to review the results of the stakeholder surveys to gather specific information related to the focus of Chapter 2017-151 Laws of Florida. The Task Force is required by law to: 1) Analyze data on the initiation of involuntary examinations of children, 2) Research the root causes of any trends in such involuntary examinations, 3) Identify and evaluate options for expediting examinations for children, and 4) Identify recommendations for encouraging alternatives to and eliminating inappropriate initiations of such examinations. The Task Force will submit a report of its findings to the Governor, the President of the Senate, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives on or before November 15, 2017.
A copy of the agenda may be obtained at: http://www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/mental-health/involuntary-examination-minors, or by contacting: Gloria Henderson at Gloria.Henderson@myflfamilies.com, or 850-717-4295.
Remote participation in the meeting will require access to a computer and access to a telephone. Those participants that do not have computer access can listen in on the telephone.
- The meeting presentation can be accessed online at: http://floridadcf.adobeconnect.com/ro02k3rjhkmb/.
- The conference call number is 1-888-670-3525, and the passcode is 9592874884.
Instructions for accessing Adobe Connect:
- If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before: Test your connection: http://floridadcf.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
- Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect.html
- Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
Pursuant to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any person requiring special accommodations to participate in this meeting is asked to advise the agency at least 3 days before the meeting by contacting: Gloria Henderson. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please contact the agency using the Florida Relay Service, 1-800-955-8771 (TDD) or 1(800)955-8770 (Voice). For more information, you may contact: Gloria Henderson at Gloria.Henderson@myflfamilies.com.