There are roughly 800 children taken into foster care in Florida each month – most will go to bed tonight without a permanent family.
You can help!
We will be holding a cookout and support meeting for current and potential foster and adoptive parents on Sept. 12, 6 PM at Capital City Christian Church (6115 Mahan Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32308 – map below).
- This meeting is not a recruitment event run by the state agency - it is organized by foster parents in order to:
- Demonstrate that foster families function just like traditional families.
- Show that foster children engage in the same behaviors and need the same family environment as biological children.
- Speak openly about the benefits and challenges of fostering and adopting children through the foster care system.
- Encourage those currently involved, or considering becoming involved, in fostering and adopting.
Overall, our mission is simple: we want to keep strong families involved in the foster and adoptive system so that some of the 800 children taken into care in our state and in need of homes can go to bed in a comfortable, stable environment tonight.
Food provided. Just bring yourself, your family, and your friends!
Call (919) 656-5046 for more information (leave message).