Member Selection and Obligations
The Circuit 7 Community Alliance has approximately 30 members that represent a diversity of
agencies, entities and individuals who are involved with or knowledgeable about the circuit children welfare system and overall continuum of care. The statute and the Alliance bylaws require that the following entities are represented on any community alliance (mandated members):
- The Department of Children and Families
- The Circuit Court
- The Sheriff’s Office
- Children’s Services Council
- The United Way
- The School System
- County Government
Prospective members may be nominated or apply without nomination by submitting the required forms to DCF. Prior to the October Alliance meeting, the Nominations Committee reviews all applications and makes recommendations to the full Alliance regarding the applicant’s qualifications. The full Alliance then votes on whether to elect the prospective member to the Community Alliance.
Designated mandated members are not term limited. Additionally, individuals from the designated agency may be substituted. All other members shall serve for a minimum of two years, depending on the term for which the member is elected. Terms run through December 31st of the calendar year.
In order to address critical issues important to the four-county community, the Community Alliance shall create specialized Ad Hoc Committees as deemed necessary and appropriate. The Alliance has four standing committees that generally meet a few months prior to the Alliance October meeting or as needed. These standing committees are:
- Executive Committee: Responsible for developing quarterly Alliance agendas; assigning specific issues or projects to other standing committees and serving as the leadership of the Community Alliance. This committee is comprised of the Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Parliamentarian and the DCF Community Development Administrator.
- Office Elections Committee: Responsible for ensuring the evaluation, selection and/or replacement of the Alliance’s four presiding officers on an annual basis. This committee is chaired by the Parliamentarian who then selects committee members from the Alliance.
- Nominating Committee: Responsible for ensuring that the Community Alliance has a complete roster; recruiting and recommending new members and officers; tracking membership attendance and participation and addressing other matters related to membership of the Community Alliance. This committee is chaired by the Secretary who then selects committee members from the Alliance.
- Bylaws Committee: Responsible for evaluating written bylaws in order to ensure that the Alliance’s legislative authority, governing structure, defined roles and membership requirements are reviewed and updated on an annual basis. This committee is chaired by the Parliamentarian who then selects committee members from the Alliance.
Meetings and Attendance
The Community Alliance meets quarterly on the second Wednesday in the months of January, April, June and October from 2:30PM – 4:30 PM at 1769 East Moody Blvd., Bunnell, Florida on the first floor of the Government Services Center. This meeting is open to the public and is generally attended by representatives from the Department of Children and Families, Community Partnership for Children, Family Integrity Program as well as other public and non-profit agencies. Community Alliance members are expected to attend all Alliance meetings. Active participation is highly encouraged of all members.
Community Alliance members are expected to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Complete member orientation
- Attend and participate in all scheduled quarterly Community Alliance meetings
- Serve on a minimum of one committee and attend all scheduled meetings of that committee
- Review all Alliance related information and documentation provided and respond as necessary
- Advocate in the community on behalf of the Community Alliance and its endeavors
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact: Evelyn Lynam, Community Relations Coordinator at 386-481-3985 or Evelyn.Lynam@myflfamilies.com
Community Alliance Documentation