Northeast Region, Circuit 7 Community Alliance
Florida Statute 20.19(6) required the Department of Children and Families (DCF) to “establish a community alliance of stakeholders, community leaders, client representatives and funders of human services in each county to provide a focal point for community participation and governance of community-based services.”
As a Putnam County Government Representative, every day, I feel so fortunate to be part of a community that has an existing framework that is specifically focused on the needs and outcomes of its citizens. Our “way of work” is about community partnership, collaboration and the full consideration of our entire service delivery for a wide span of populations.
The Circuit 7 Community Alliance engages the child welfare community, system stakeholders and community partners to identify and address system challenges and barriers that impact outcomes for children and families in Flagler, Putnam, St. Johns and Volusia Counties. Other responsibilities of the Alliance include:
- Joint planning for resource utilization in the community, including resources appropriated to the department and any funds that local funding sources choose to provide.
- Needs assessment and establishment of community priorities for service delivery.
- Determining community outcome goals to supplement state-required outcomes.
- Serving as a catalyst for community resource development.
- Providing for community education and advocacy on issues related to delivery of services.
- Promoting prevention and early intervention services.
- Membership Application
Community Based Care
Community Based Care (CBC) is a comprehensive redesign of Florida’s Child Welfare System. It combines the outsourcing of foster care and related services to competent service agencies with an increased local community ownership of service delivery and design. This statewide reform innovation increases accountability, resource development, and system performance. For more information visit:
In Flagler, Putnam and Volusia counties, Community Partnership for Children is the lead agency developing partnerships and coordinating efforts within the community to provide benefits and services to affected families. In St. Johns County, Family Integrity Program is the lead agency responsible for managing the County’s Foster Care Program. For more information please visit Community Partnership for Children and Family Integrity Program.